TiE Delhi-NCR and consulting firm Zinnov on Tuesday released a report, ‘Turbocharging Delhi-NCR Start-up Ecosystem’.
Rajan Anandan, president of TiE Delhi-NCR, said, “NCR’s start-up ecosystem has incredible momentum. Despite the progress so far, we believe we are still in Day One.
With concerted focus on the most important areas, the NCR has the potential to become a Top 5 Global hubs for start-ups, lead innovation across many sectors, create many more start-ups and have at least 30 unicorns in NCR by 2025.”
• Delhi-NCR has over 7,000 start-ups, 10 Unicorns and a cumulative valuation of US$50 billion
• With appropriate interventions, Delhi-NCR will become one of the Top 5 Global Start-up hubs with 12,000 start-ups, 30 unicorns and cumulative valuation of about US$150 billion by 2025
• Delhi-NCR has the highest number of active start-ups in India
• Delhi-NCR ecosystem has the highest cumulative private market valuation in India, at $46-56 bn. Bengaluru has US$ 32-37 bn, Mumbai has US$ 10-12 bn
• Three of the four most valuable Internet companies also based here – Info Edge (Naukri.com), Makemytrip, Justdial
• Delhi-NCR has 22 per cent of the country’s active angel investors, but base needs to increase.