Source: Into India
“6 steps to strong India-Australia ties in 2021
1) Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi get on well – they can turn that into specific outcomes by continuing the close dialogue.
2) PM Modi is a politician who likes to think outside the square, so innovative ideas from Australia will be welcome in Delhi.
3) Two-way trade is at around A$30 billion and can grow – aiming for slow and steady rather than dramatic boosts will work well for both sides.
4) Food security and food quality provide collaboration opportunities for both countries. India offers the advantage of diversifying Australian global agricultural exports away from wheat and beef and towards vegetables and fruit.
5) More interaction at all levels of politics (State and Federal, Ministers and Members) will help because India is a complicated political puzzle with Modi pushing more decision making down to state level and competition between states is increasing – and there are 29 of those!
6) Creatively looking for ways to collaborate will work well and move our trade from “transactional” to “relationship”.
With these steps we will see strong India-Australia ties in 2021.”